[thelist] PHP mail headers problem....

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 18:18:01 CDT 2002

--- CDitty <mail at redhotsweeps.com> wrote:
> THANK YOU.
>
> I think this is it.  I have sent several test messages and they seem
> work ok.   I am still testing but this looks promising.
>
> Another question.....Can I change the "reply to" header?  Also, I
> need to
> receive several html emails at a certain address for testing.  Does
> anyone
> know of any "service" that sends html emails?  Can be anything.
> ie...Tell
> a friend, what ever...

Sure, any header can be set.  However, if you're gonna be dealing with
a lot of complex mail, I recommend a class or set of functions
(phpclasses.websapp.com).  I have a nice class I wrote for this, that
talks directly SMTP, and I can send it to you, however it's not "end
user" ready yet and you may have better luck with a pre-cooked package.

As for HTML email, yahoo.com can do that.

Hans Z.
New York PHP
http://nyphp.org