[thelist] Cross-Browser CSS Layout

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Sat May 25 08:12:01 CDT 2002

patrick,

<snip />

>>What do other people do to accomodate earlier browsers if you go for a
>>table-less site - like I have here?
 >
 > I usually give them no style at all.....the info comes through fine.
I'll do
 > an id with display: none and a link to the browser upgrade initiative

Yeah, because people surfing with non-IE/Moz/Opera browsers are usually
doing so out of sheer ignorance, huh?

People don't use Dillo/Links/Lynx/Netscape for any reason other than to
be irritating, huh?  And as for those gosh darned silly spiders, well,
they ought to be capable of understanding visual CSS as well.  After
all, doesn't Googlebot *want* to see our pretty layouts?

--
Mark Gallagher
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/