[thelist] embed & html validating

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Mon May 27 00:10:02 CDT 2002

At 00:06 2002-05-27 +0200, Nik Schramm wrote:
>Much worse, I'm afraid: The <embed> tag is used by all browsers using
>the Netscape Flash Player, which basically means every browser apart
>from IE, as in Netscape 1-7, Mozilla, Opera etc. The <object> tag is
>used only by the Active X version of the Flash Player in M$ Internet
>Explorer.

Not true, I can run Flash using the Netscape Schockwave/Flash 5 Plugin
using the object tag.

<object data="<url to flash file>" classid="" ></object>

is everything you need (at least both IE6 and Moz1.0rc3 plays it when I use
that). You'll need to set the width and height of it thorugh css or the
width and
height html attributes though.

// Liorean