[thelist] Color Chooser Review

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov
Tue May 28 09:41:01 CDT 2002

Josh,

Some suggestions:

* The "color wheel" from which users picks their color(s) is very attractive
and clever, but it is also a little confusing; I suspect that many users
will not notice how you have organized it and resort to having to hunt for
the colors they want. You might want organize the colors in a more familiar
way.

Another posted suggested using RGB sliders, which I think is a good idea if
your audience is only Web heads who know how to blend RGB colors but a bad
idea if you are trying to reach a general audience.

* It would be _really_ nice to have some kind of real-time preview. Maybe an
iframe with a sample page, maybe a DIV with JavaScript to change its colors
dynamically? I want instant gratification.

Jonathan.