[thelist] .NET Postback

Chris Marsh chrism at puffofsmoke.net
Tue May 28 17:51:01 CDT 2002

> >how about:
> >
> >    if not (request.QueryString is nothing orElse
> > Request.QueryString.Count = 0) then
> >       ' we have something
> >    else
> >       ' we got nada...
> >    end if
>
> Thanks for that! I never thought about count  :)
> Now it's relatively easy to check whether there's anything in the QS

Yeah, but that's assuming you're using a querystring. It's the whole
structure of ASP.NET and webforms that I've been having trouble
grasping. If you use the <asp:datalist> server control (which I am) it's
just very confusing how you get the data that you want once it's up the
pipe. I guess it's because it's higher level even than VB6, and server
controls look confusingly like html tags. Anyway, I'm sure that a) what
I'm doing IS going to work, and b) it won't be the best way of doing it;
but if any other aspiring dot-netties want to see the code when I'm done
I'd be happy to share.

> If Request.QueryString().Count <> 0 Then
>    ' do your stuff
>    ' acessing the string of the QS using Request.QueryString(0)
>
> Else
>    '  do not a lot
> End If
>
> Now onto more fun things like sniffing for XSS :)

Oooh boy. That's a can of worms alright. I've seen some pretty scary
exploits recently on other lists...

Regards

Chris Marsh