Coding for intranets (was RE: [thelist] Color Chooser Review -- c orrection)

JCanfield at magisnetworks.com JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Tue May 28 20:45:00 CDT 2002

.jeff, rudy, whoever -

You both know I share your feelings about usability, accessibility, etc.
You've both commented on practical application of these concepts in a closed
environment.

If I control the environment (and will continue to control it unless I leave
the company) what are the dangers of browser specific coding? Or, in Tom's
case, if it's not possible for a blind or other special user to even access
the system, what are the real-world problems with coding with that in mind?

Are there cases where the rules can legitimately be ignored?

Tenks

joel