[thelist] Color Chooser Review -- correction

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 14:11:01 CDT 2002

I'm amazed at how much name-calling has gone on just because somebody doesn't agree with a
person's point of view. I'm lazy, I'm a bad programmer, I take short-cuts, I'm some kind of
fascist. Just because some people surf using the dotted lines, doesn't mean everyone else does.
One person likes the lines because they use them to surf, another doesn't because s/he doesn't use
them and it distracts them. Who is right? NOBODY. It's preference. Last time I checked there was
no instruction manual on "How to correctly surf the Internet, by so and so huff and stuff."

I already pointed out the fact that I ended up using the <label> tag after all. But to even label
the <label> (heh heh) tag "future-proof" is itself a joke. NOTHING is future-proof.

Lastly, even though Martin brags about his ability to walk into an office and in 5-10 minutes have
them licking his boots and begging him to let them write "accessible" code, it simply doesn't
happen very often. As for companies "secretly" writing accessible code -- if its a secret how do
you know about it? You don't, you're making it up to try and validate your opinion.

Show me one case where a closed, proprietary intranet system was successfully sued for
non-comliance to one of the silly laws you keep quoting. You won't, because it doesn't exist. The
next thing you know, you'll be trying to sue the Indianapolis speedway because they don't allow
blind drivers to race in the Indy 500.

/tom