[thelist] Asking the wrong questions about parameters & ASP

belinda belinda at prodsol.net
Thu May 30 12:56:01 CDT 2002

Remedial help please :)

I've been searching through the evolt site, this evolt list tip
archive, 4guysfromRolla site, learnasp site, and several others
but I'm not asking the right question to find the help I need.

I have done basic ASP coding, using basic submit functions to
send the data into a back-end database, from which I usually
create results pages as needed built to my users needs (directly
from the database - Access).

One of my larger clients is installing & configuring the full
Webtrends Reporting systems and would like to have the added
capabilities of parameter research for the asp pages.

Here's my very remedial question:

What do I need to do differently in order to pass the data from
my forms into the database using specific parameters (which then
enable the log files to record the parameters, which then enables
the Webtrends Reporting Center to analyze the parameter data)

Obviously I need some truly basic info on what, why, when, how
to use parameters in my submit method...

And I'm not finding the type of tutorial I need to turn on the
light bulb and have that "aha" moment....

Much thanks

Belinda