[thelist] Command line PHP

Michael Kimsal michael at tapinternet.com
Fri May 31 09:36:01 CDT 2002

George Palframan wrote:

>I have recently created a simple www server and I am running PHP from
>command line calls to get the results.
>
>However I encountered a problem when trying to use GET and POST variables
>and can not figure out how to get them into the PHP.
>
>Please help

Hi George

You may want to look in the PHP manual about 'command line' - there's a
section
there about running PHP from the command line.  They're formally addressing
command line PHP in the 4.3 version, but it's been able to run that way
for awhile.
You don't want to use get and post, but $argv and $argc I believe.

Good luck

Michael Kimsal
http://www.phphelpdesk.com
http://www.logicreate.com