[thelist] PHP XML-RPC issues

Justin Klubnik pseudonym at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 1 15:00:00 CDT 2002

I've been experiencing issues of 'flakiness' when using the useful inc
XML-RPC libraries for PHP. Here's the situation: I've created an XML-RPC
function, which works, but not everytime. In fact, it only works maybe 5% of
the time. The function itself is a query function, so it is passed a word or
phrase, and then returns the results. I can pass it the same query several
times and get "fault code 6: No data received from server", and then
periodically, I get the actual results as one would expect. If I then
perform the same query, I get nothing. The problem is that the same query
both will and will not work, leading me to believe that it is not something
wrong with the query function. (that is, the same query never always works)

Has anyone else experienced similar oddities with the useful inc library?
Any ideas as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

Vitals:
Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6 DAV/1.0.2
PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_perl/1.24_01 on Linux

Thanks,
Klubnik