[thelist] OT:Website makeover

Daniel Fascia danfascia at totalise.co.uk
Sat Jun 1 20:03:01 CDT 2002

Good work, this is how I got started on websites a good few years ago when school wanted me to knock one up ;-)

>I am a highschool student, and I am very active with my student government. I was
>chosen as webmaster for the Massachusetts state student council,

At the moment, the site you are set to work on is what I would call a "first generation" website, that is it is pretty much linear in design with limited interactivity between the
pages. It is commonly the result of shipping a site directly from paper brochures etc...

Every page should have common logical navigation elements in a place where people expect them to be (margins / header etc).

The current site is almost a set of micro-sites sine there is not a common look to them and common infrastructure. But hey you already spotted this so thats a good start.

>looking for some suggestions for a layout design and for improvements of this site
>that I inherited. I want to redesign the site almost completely especially because

You have got some very strong branding there to work with, good logo elements and some nice ideas/banners on the graphics front but please get rid of the 1998
bevelmania on the logos!

Good luck, enjoy yourself

Dan