[thelist] Object required: 'WScript'

ashok at magicalkenya.com ashok at magicalkenya.com
Tue Jun 4 01:41:01 CDT 2002

Patty :

Are you trying to access the WScript object within a .ASP script ?
I think you are.
WSH (windows scripting host ) is a scripting shell for windows meant to be
used in place of batch files.  It allows using VBScript /JScript to do
administrative tasks on your Win2k server/workstation (typical stuff which
used to be done by batch files...).

When a WSH script executes the browser / web server is not the host  for
the script, the WScript object is the host.  Which means the WScript object
will not exist when you try to access it from a .ASP script....(since the
web server a.k.a the Server object is the host)

strictly speaking your WSH script execution will not have anything to do
with IWAM or IUSR accounts as typically it is executed by an
administrator/operator level user....

I think you should also take a look at :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/
and the wsh faq :
http://communities.msn.com/windowsscript

to clarify where and when wsh should be used....

HTH
ashok

------
ã$hØK
http://www.unganisha.org
Disclaimer : The contents of this mail should not be construed as  a "if
you attack me, I'll blast your arse" veiled threat
------