[thelist] Burnt Viruses

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 4 09:12:01 CDT 2002

I have a software firewall, currently Sygate Personal Firewall (although I
plan to change soon with some evolt-list info I have received recently).  It
catches and blocks certain outgoing events a few times a day.  Some are Ping
of Death and the others are of a different type (I can't recall nor find
them in the log at present).  The log does not record an application
involved with any of these events.

I am guessing they are caused by a virus I have.  My firewall seems to be
catching them so nothing's happening, but I imagine I should try to clean
them out anyhow, no?

Thanks,
Hershel