[thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

Nicole P nparrot at pair.com
Tue Jun 4 11:35:01 CDT 2002

My main answer is :
who are they to decide for users?

I personally prefer to maximise my browser to get more info as opposed to
scrolling down. I have no problems reading long lines of text, and yet I
have been trained as a speed reader. I know all about reading in columns,
but what can I say? Hitting the Max button requires one click, as opposed to
scrolling which is a harder movement.

So why would they impose a notion onto all users when it doesn't apply to
all?