[thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Tue Jun 4 11:50:26 CDT 2002

> It should be possible to manage a liquid
> design AND a limited text width?

Oh, it is. It's just that you end up with a bunch of dead space off to the
side of the design, and to a user that surfs at a high screen rez, that can
be very frustrating. If I'm at 1280x1024, a site like that takes up just
over half my browser width... that's now 2 pages of information to read
instead of one. Twice the scrolling, etc... I'd rather have all the info at
a glance.

The site I'm working on is primarily articles, resources, etc, which are all
a whole lot of text. That's why I'm pushing a liquid design.

my $0.02.

-Ken