[thelist] WScript.Shell was:(no subject)

Patty McBride pcnewsguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 12:34:11 CDT 2002

Hello Ashok,
Thanks for that script, I ran it in a .js file from a
directory on the server and got:
Version 5.6.6914
I also was able to run:
WshShell.run ("calc")
WScript.Echo("WSHshell.CurrentDirectory: " &
WSHshell.CurrentDirectory)

These will not work for a .asp file because of
descrepencies with the Wscript object on the server as
apposed to being run by a client from the server.  As
long as I am using these on my server I am fine but
the object doesn't exist for IIS, client - server.

This did work on NT but the distinction seems explicit
now on WIN 2000.  There must be a way to allow IUSR to
run these but I don't know how to make this possible.
It doesn't make sence to me that it would work on NT 4
and not WIN 2000.  There must be something in my
server configuration for the IUSR that I can change to
let this run.

Phil