[thelist] HORRIBLY OT: Virtual PC and Linux

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Wed Jun 5 12:06:00 CDT 2002

I was under the impression that VirtualPC pretty much only existed for
emulating Winblows on a Mac or other PeeCees.  But I could be wrong.

What platform are you on?  Why do you want to run Linux via virtualPC?  For
the Mac, there's:
Yellowdog Linux
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

Mandrake PPC
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppc.php3

Linux PPC
http://www.penguinppc.org/

AFAIK all of which can be dual booted.

<tip subject="XHTML">

Don't forget, you need to use the character entity reference for things like
ampersands:

</tip>

HTH,

Chris.

On 6/5/02 9:50 AM, "Joseph A Borg" <jacborg at mac.com> wrote:

> you're taking the long winded and buggy way: most probably the endeavor
> will not succeed.
[snip]
> On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 05:19 PM, Erick Papadakis wrote:
>
>> i am hoping that someone knows about virtual PC from
>> connectix. its an OS emulator.
>>
>> i want to install linux on [VirtualPC]
[snip]