[thelist] CF Applet Tags (CFGRID, CFTREE, etc.) Class won't load

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Jun 5 17:20:01 CDT 2002

At 3:00 PM 6/5/2, Josh wrote:
> I am trying to use CFGRID to edit one of my DB tables.  In
> our office we have 7 computers. It will work fine on 4 of them
> and not at all on 3. All computers have Java VM installed and enabled.

Have you compared the Java Virtual Machines in use? There are branding
differences in addition to version differences. It's not as homogenous or
as ubiquitous as the Macromedia Flash Player, which is why those old Java
components are moving to SWF.

The fact that it's working on all machines but one makes it sound like it's
not an implementation issue, but known issues with those Java routines can
be found by a search on "cfgrid" at
http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/