[thelist] Accessibility Question

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Wed Jun 5 18:32:28 CDT 2002

Mark Groen wrote:
If it's got Flash and no alternative it is simply not accesible IMHO.

John Dowdell (from Macromedia) wrote:
Are there particular improvements you'd prefer?
If so then we'd like to hear specific change requests, thanks:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/

But is it possible that there is a bigger question.

If I have a website that requires a visitor to download my own (free)
software to view the site, software that that supports all "published
accessibility standards", but without which the site can NOT be viewed, can
that site be deemed "accessible"?

James S. Huggins