[thelist] Mozilla 1.0 final is out (undetected stylesheets)

Mark Hyde (Pentact) mahyde at pentact.co.zw
Thu Jun 6 08:13:10 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Warwick" <mailing.lists at creed.co.uk>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Mozilla 1.0 final is out

> Is Mozilla, Netscape 6 or any Gecko-based browser, not showing your
imported CSS
> files correctly?
>
> It's more than likely a problem with the file's MIME type ..

Dear List members,

I have two almost identical websites at http://www.pentact.co.zw and
http://www.pentact.com.

Both use XHTML and import an external .css stylesheet. The @import command
is used and the browsers render (I believe) in Strict Mode.

pentact.co.zw is hosted by ISP1. The site looks fine and the stylesheet
works in IE6 and Opera 6.0 but when one views it with Netscape 6.2 or
Mozilla 1.0 the site appears with stylesheet not detected.

This sounds as if it could be the incorrect MIME type problem mentioned by
Andy Warwick and I have contacted ISP1 to ask if that is the case.

However, pentact.com, hosted by another ISP which I shall call ISP2, has a
similar but slightly different problem.

Once again, IE6 and Opera 6.0 work perfectly, but the other 2 browsers
produce a completely blank page! Not even the unstyled site.

I have two questions - do others see the same effect? And why could this be
happening?

I am very much a beginner here, so apologies if these are silly questions!

Mark Hyde