[thelist] Bobby (was: Accessibility Question)

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 6 08:17:12 CDT 2002

>>Martin Burns said:
> I find Bobby useful as a first-pass. My site is all template driven,
> and I *know* the templates are AAA. However, the content I put into the
> templates sometimes suffers typos and rare lapses into laziness.
> Bobby's good at picking up when that happens.
>
> When I'm working on clients' sites, I often find that the place which
> falls down is also the content entered into the CMS by content
> managers.
>
> At one level, this is much easier to deal with, as the accessibility
> principle is already established. Getting Content Managers to actually
> *do* it however can be a bit tricky, as you have to keep checking every
> edit until they grasp it.

Now this got me thinking of a useful web service. It'd be good if you could
have the CMS publish the article to a preview spot (not live...), and get
bobby to check it. Bobby could send back a level of accessiblity (A, AA,
AAA), together with any problems that needed to be solved. The CMS could
determine whether the required level of accessiblity was met, and if not
tell the user what needed to be fixed before the article could be published.
I'm sure Cast could get some funding from organisations that needed the
checks.
Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org