[thelist] Setting Permissions (CHMOD)

Mark Joslyn mark.joslyn at solimarsystems.com
Thu Jun 6 15:30:01 CDT 2002

<snip>
Are they actually logging into the shell (via telnet, ssh, etc.) or are you
trying to limit the way the directory is displayed through a web interface
(i.e. web browser)?
</snip>

I have an FTP folder set up with my ISP. Currently, anyone can get
permissions to write to this folder, but they cannot move, copy, delete,
open, view or execute the files once uploaded. Only with a valid username
and password can anyone manipulate the uploaded files. Currently, you can
see all the files in the directory (browser and with WS-FTP). I want the
files to be hidden from the customer -  both in the browser and my
FTP-Client. Is there a way to acheive this? CHMOD does not seem to work.

Thanks,

markJ