[thelist] More copied sites

carole guevin carole at pixeltable.com
Thu Jun 6 16:17:07 CDT 2002

:Should someone do something about it? Is code copyrighted?

As far as intellectual law copyright - the design of a site is the propriety
of the designer unless designer ceded rights to client.  So *validating* a
copyright is using the *design* from a designer and making a template out of

Check here http://pirated-sites.com/ - to view the 2advanced list of
copycats (or deemed copycats)

Here's another example - check http://my.dreamwiz.com/vprince/pds.htm and
check http://netdiver.net/whatsnew.php. Though recently the size of top
graphic and width of the site pages have been resized - this is a copycat of
the my site with exact placement of links - on the page I supplied even the
link treatment is the same - the mini green icon and the background as well
as the palette.  Netdiver logo used seven7 font and was exactly where the
*title* of his page is... anyway - to no avail have we tried contacting the
person.  Though - I'm honored that he thinks my design to be good enough to
be copied... but still there's too many of the original design kept.