[thelist] Question of Accessibility

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Jun 6 17:33:01 CDT 2002

At 6:41 AM 6/5/2, Mark Groen wrote:
>> At 4:13 AM 6/5/2, Mark Groen wrote:
>> > If it's got Flash and no alternative it is
>> > simply not accesible IMHO.
>>
>> Are there particular improvements you'd prefer? If so then we'd like
>> to hear specific change requests, thanks:
>> http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/
>>
> I think that it is all too obvious that with the hiring of Jakob
> Nielsen, Macromedia is very much aware of the useablity problems
> with Flash and this email to the list is a facetious waste of my
> time to answer any more than to say look at who you just hired.

?? I'm having difficulty making sense of that post, sorry.

(Nielsen was commissioned to write some authoring guidelines for usability,
one of a series of authors hired to advise on usability, and accessibility,
and other design issues.)

I'm serious... if there are specific ways you'd like the app to change so
that you no longer have to issue a blanket condemnation, particularly with
regards to various types of "accessibility",then getting those requests in
to the development team directly seems like it could help all concerned,
thanks in advance.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/