[thelist] resolution stats

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 6 20:25:00 CDT 2002

> I think the majority of web users are at 800x600. Most major
> sites that rely on fixed widths seem to be built with this in
> mind. Here are April's monitor resolution stats from thecounter.com:

http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2002/April/res.php

That's a pretty cool resource!

I have found that most of my sites' visitors are at 800x600 too.

<tip type="knowing your audience's capabilities">
I use a cool little traffic stat reporting tool that reports screen
size, color depth, javascript on/off as well as host IP, datetime and
standard log stuff.

This is a good tool for me to *know my audience*.

StatIt MySQL V 3.00 by Helge Orthmann www.otterware.de
</tip>

John Corry
Neon Cowboy Design