[thelist] Many domain names pointing to one

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Fri Jun 7 09:38:01 CDT 2002

I have a client who are currently being hosted satisfactorily.  I'm in the
process of getting them to register a few more domain names (while they're
still available and at the current price, how wrong can you go?), and
figured I would need to get in contact with their host company to determine
that they can mirror all these domain names to the original domain.

However, they have just informed me that I didn't even need to get in
contact with them, that when I'm registering the domain name, I should just
set it up so that the new domains names point to the IP address of the
original domain.  Shurely shome mishtake?

This would imply that I could go in, register devilsperm.com and redirect it
to microsoft.com for 50 bucks a year!  Okay, a fairly pointless and
relatively expensive 'joke', but I still can't believe that this sort of
thing is possible.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking