[thelist] ns6.2

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Fri Jun 7 10:21:11 CDT 2002

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 00:37:11 +1000 (EST)
"Lachlan Cannon" <luminosity at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> Since I'm reinstalling my OS again, I want to back all my files
> up. Where are the preferences (especially bookmarks) for ns stored?
> also, where are the local install files saved by default? I don't
> want to have to bother downloading them again.

Which OS? Which Netscape?

My copy of Netscape 4.x (Debian Linux [Sid]) stores its user settings in
$HOME/.netscape/, the bookmarks being in
$HOME/.netscape/bookmarks.html

My local install files are in /var/cache/apt/archives, the file names
being:

netscape-base-477_4.77-2_i386.deb
netscape-base-4_1%3a4.77-2_i386.deb
netscape-java-477_4.77-2_all.deb
netscape-smotif-477_4.77-2_i386.deb

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.