[thelist] setting a small size for a div or span

Bret Daniel BDaniel at Chemnavigator.com
Fri Jun 7 11:31:01 CDT 2002

Hi tom,

is that for character height???

if so..  I have managed to get smaller hieghts with divs by placing a <BR>
at the end of the text or graphic

<DIV style="<< CSS stuff >>">text<BR></DIV>

hope that helps

-Bret

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Dell'Aringa [mailto:pixelmech at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 9:26 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] setting a small size for a div or span

There seems to be a limit to the size you can set a DIV or SPAN. I want to
set one to about 12 x
8, but it seems like once I get to around 10 or 12, it won't go any smaller.
Is this simply the
limit of how small you can set the element? Or is there some padding/border
issues that I have to
set to make it smaller?

Tom