[thelist] Flash, usability, accessibility

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sat Jun 8 14:46:00 CDT 2002

At 5:07 PM +0200 6/8/02, Chris Kaminski wrote:
>Section 508 or the ADA, [...] can only be understood in the context
>of court decisions (controlling
>precedent, various orders of persuasive precedent), regulatory rulings (an
>entirely separate body of law), the remainder of the U.S. Code and
>appropriate state and local laws.

Wow, you've got the 60,000 foot view! I hadn't realized that part of
the problem going on here is a misunderstanding of the US legal
system ...

... some are frustrated that others are making claims without
pointing to court decisions to back up their claims, and those others
are frustrated that their arguments are not convincing.

It's curious that it's hard to find cases that have even made it into
court regarding to what extent a website is considered a "public
place of accommodation" under the ADA act.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/

Through June 15