[thelist] Design with includes | no framesets

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 8 20:55:00 CDT 2002

Holy jesus, NO!

> > Hi all!  I'm quite new to php and have a basic question. So here it
> > is: My php sites are all completly php!  So my site doesn't look
> > like : <html> <body> <?php echo "blah"; ?></body></html> it is all

Bad, bad, bad!  Use php the way it should be used!

Why would you ever want to put html inside an echo?!?!  So what if your
sites are entirely php, so are mine.  But use it correctly.  I supposed you
really WANT to escape every " " you come across?

> I would advise against that approach, from what I hear it uses a lot
> more in the way of CPU cycles to deal with it.

No, not really.  Regardless of how you form the page, if it's a .php page
it's rendered by the webserver's rendering engine...

It's just bad bad form and sloppy coding to write it the way described
above.

David
www.confluentforms.com