[thelist] Design with includes | no framesets

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Sun Jun 9 11:13:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Blessed Software Inc." <titsche at gmx.at>
> To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:28:43 +0200
> Subject: [thelist] Design with includes | no framesets
>
> Hi all!
> I'm quite new to php and have a basic question. So here it is: My php
sites
> are all completly php!
> So my site doesn't look like : <html> <body> <?php echo "blah";
> ?></body></html>
>
> i hope this is understandable :)
>
> so my problem is that i want to have a index.php wich looks like : <?
php
> include("top.php"); include("menu.php"); include("main.php"); ?>
>
> how can i influence the layout of the includet files.... i don't want
to use
> framesets anymore!!!

I use some PHP software developed by a guy at onlinetools.org whose PHP
generates not only the (X)HTML, but also a style sheet. Why don't you
have a look at that? Not all of his scripts have been updated to do
this, but the script user simply inputs what s/he wants in the
comments, and the script does the rest! Really nifty.