[thelist] Netscape 7 and <alt>

Laurel Nevans laureln at qwestinternet.net
Sun Jun 9 16:47:01 CDT 2002

> Well, excuse me. I sense a slam there as you mention
"designers." I went through months of Web Design school where I
was taught to use ALT and not TITLE ... and I was taught using
the NN4.x browser where ALT is also displayed as a "tool tip." My
teachers then have misled a lot of students along the way if this
is the case.

I may be wrong here, but isn't TITLE a fairly NEW element?  I
don't think it was around, or widely implemented by the browsers
when the WAI guidelines were first written.  (Didn't the TITLE
tag come out w/ HTML 4?  I don't remember seeing the TITLE tag in
HTML 3.2 books...)

Laurel