[thelist] Tips

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Mon Jun 10 04:07:01 CDT 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Bill Mason wrote:

> At 01:45 AM 06/10/2002, Chris Kaminski wrote:
> >>without the brackets! It would be <BODY onResize="fixNNCSS()">
> >>(and what's wrong with that?).
> >
> >onResize is not a valid attribute in XHTML.
>

> So you just make it <body onresize="fixNNCSS()">

Umm, that's rather the point -

If you're trying to validate as XHTML (Transitional OR Strict) it'll trash
any attempt to use onresize as an event applied to the BODY.  In fact, my
houseguest tells me that it's not supported by XHTML at all (presumably
because canvas geometry has nothing to do with markup).

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."