CSS 'hacks' (was RE: [thelist] CSS question (Martin? Rudy?))

jcanfield at magisnetworks.com jcanfield at magisnetworks.com
Mon Jun 10 12:41:05 CDT 2002

> i'm not anti-css, in fact i definitely and wholeheartedly
> believe in separating style from content, but at the same
> time, i have a very strong aversion to what i call hacks
> (donning my flame retardant suit), so if anything, i am
> perhaps just a css anti-guru....
>

> rudy

No, you're an evangelist for the true faith.

Part of what's wrong with the web is that so many of us have felt compelled
to hack HTML for presentation instead of leaving it as a structural tool.
Standards are making progress, and the browsers are (albeit sluggishly)
following suit. Let's not submit ourselves to years of CSS hacks which we'll
all have to unlearn next year, the way we now all have to unlearn HTML
presentational hacks.

joel