[thelist] Re: CSS 'hacks'

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Mon Jun 10 13:07:00 CDT 2002

There is a concept floating around called Extreme Programming (XP). Here is a
quick intro:
http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html

XP goes far beyond simple coding practices, but I have an intuitively defined
set of guidelines that I think of as my XP guidelines.
~ do nothing that is not platform independent
~ avoid working with systems that suck (I include Javascript here)
~ if necessary to work with sucky systems, keep it to a minimum (most of CSS in
NS4)
~ always build in an Object Oriented way (even my simplest websites use a CMS)

Anyone have a more rigorous set of XP guidelines for html/css?

mike