[thelist] NS4.7, divs and mysterious line feeds

Rob Oviatt rgoviatt at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Jun 10 14:27:00 CDT 2002

I'm attempting to do my first tableless site.  It is a small personal site
for a professor and her husband.  I'm having a problem though.  Netscape
4.7 add a line feed after <a> tag close causing.  If I remove the <a> tags
and leave the text, every thing appears as it should, so I'm assuming that
the problem involves the interaction of the 2 block level elements, but
can't figure out what I'm missing.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

The div:
style="border-left:0px">MAIN</a><a href="teacher"
href="groups" class="mainnav">groups?</a><a href="mailto:email at address"
class="mainnav">contact</a></div>

The CSS:
#nav {
         color : #ffffee;
         background-color : #808000;
         font-weight : bold;
         font-family : "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
         border : 2px solid #808000;
         width : 620px;
         text-align : left;
}