[thelist] CSS inheritance in Netscape?

Andrew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Tue Jun 11 04:36:03 CDT 2002

Hi evolters;

I have a problem here which is driving me rapidly bersqueak. On Windows XP,
Netscape 4.75 is behaving differently to every other browser I can find.

I'll avoid posting the whole page (A Cold Fusion script) here, but I have a

Now, the problem is in the <p> and <div> bit. Both call styles as follows:

Content here

The styles are:

.marginated {
         margin-left : 8px;
         margin-right : 8 px;
         margin-top : 5px;
         margin-bottom : 5 px;
         font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif ;
         font-color : #FFFFFF ;
}
.hilink A {
         text-decoration: none;
         color: #00ff00;
}

It's obeying the <div> style, but not the <p> style. I know inheritance is
bad in Netscape 4.x - but is there any way around this without resorting to
font tags?

Neither I nor the Code Otter can make head or tail of this...

Cheers,
Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com