[thelist] NS4.7, divs and mysterious line feeds

Rob Oviatt rgoviatt at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Jun 11 06:52:01 CDT 2002

At 10:58 PM 6/10/02 +0200, you wrote:
>maybe if you add the following:
>a {
>  padding: 0px; margin: 0px;
>}
>
>should help with netscape.
>
>regards

Thanks, removing the padding does keep everything on one line in NS.  But
in order to get the spacing between the links I want and the rollover
effect for the background in other browsers, I'll have to either resort to
graphics, or add a lot of hard spaces ( ).  The professor I'm doing
this for will be maintaining the site, and for her ease I'd rather not go
the graphic way.

Is there anyway to get NS to not put each <a> on a new line?  I've tried
things like "white-space:nowrap" and had no success.

Thanks

Rob Oviatt
Web Developer / Typesetter
Fredericton, NB