[thelist] using "explorer" to open folders?

Erick Papadakis erick_papadakis at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 09:41:00 CDT 2002

thanks chris. been there, done that. thanks for the
suggestion but even when i set "explore" in the
"FOLDER" as default, the folders in explorer are
opened in a new window. my folder options is set to
"open in same window" of course.

i am sure i am missing something! what is your exact
EXPLORER.EXE setting for the FOLDER? is there any
additional parameter?

thanks/erick

Of Chris
    | Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 11:31 PM
    | To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
    | Subject: RE: [thelist] using "explorer" to open
folders?

    | Hello,
    |
    | I'm not exactly using WinXP, in fact I'm using
Win2K but
    | I am pretty sure, from what you have mentioned
so far,
    | that the differences here are minimal.

    | In the list of registered file types, scroll
down to
    | Folder, click the Advanced button, which will
give you a
    | list of actions that are registered for Folders,
with the
    | bold action being the default for when you
double-click a Folder.

    | Now all you have to do is click on either
Explore or Open
    | (depending on your
    | preference) and then click the Set As Default
button.