[thelist] managing bookmarks

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Tue Jun 11 11:00:00 CDT 2002

So...do the same export/floppy trick, but use a WebDAV space that you
control to do the transfer.

That's "Web Folders" under Win2K/XP, and your iDisk under MacOS.

If you have an IMAP account (hmmm...how I love mac.com...), you can set up a
folder and store an e-mail with this exported file as an attachment.

OR...don't use your browser bookmark function at all...use something
web-based:

(Disclaimer: I haven't used very many of these --> I have the luxury of
running my own website, and I use phpWebSite to manage my bookmarks there)

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Internet/On_the_Web/Web_Applicatio
ns/Bookmark_Managers/

I used to use Backflip (http://www.backflip.com), but even that got kind of
unwieldy after a while.

Enjoy,

--
Boris Mann
B. Mann Consulting

On 6/11/02 11:30 AM, "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Of course this is all predicated on both machines having a floppy....which the
> don't ;) But good
> idea.
>
> Tom
> --- Neil Mcgill <n.mcgill at unn.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I also have hundreds of bookmarks at home and at work which need
>> synchronising every so often (its annoying to add bookmarks at work and not
>> be able to remember them for use at home).
>> Anyway, I found this simple way of updating both sets of bookmarks -

<snip>