[thelist] using "explorer" to open folders?

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Tue Jun 11 12:35:01 CDT 2002

The /e switch tells Explorer to launch a new window, so you need to take it
out and just have /idlist,%I,%L after explorer.exe.

I'm not sure what XP's configuration dialogs are like, but on Windows 2000,
you can open an explorer window with Winkey-E, goto menu -> Tools -> Folder
Options -> View, uncheck the "Launch tolder windows in a new process" box and
press the apply button.  Afterwards, click the "General" tab under "Folder
Options," click the "Open each folder in the same window" option, and press
apply.

If the apply button is gray for these, just change the options to the other
setting, press apply, change them back, and press apply again.  The next time
you double-click a folder in Explorer, it should open in the same window.

Good luck on it.  Computers can really irritate me at times myself.

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu
http://www.jacksonyee.com