[thelist] iBooks, OS X, Macs, Web Development, Laptops, Etc, Etc

Maurice Goffart maurice at graciebarra.be
Tue Jun 11 15:41:01 CDT 2002

On the portable I have no experience.

I'm running osX on an original iMac (since 10.1.5) and have setup apache,
php and mysql in a few days with no previous experience.
If you are already familiar with linux/unix you'll have no problems at all.

It works very good. Nothing like testing your site with php and database
locally

If you also use any microsoft or adobe product, you don't have to install
two separate Oss(like windows and linux) with mac osX. You'll have acces to
a wealth of opensourcesoftware (apache, php, mysql, ...) and all of the well
known commercial software. Which I think is a great advantage.

Also if you do any coding you'll have BBedit which IMHO is the best editor
available on any platform

Hth,
Maurice

on 11-06-2002 21:27, Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov at