[thelist] Problem with Ports based vhost on Apache/OS X

Adrian Simmons adrian at cubitum.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 04:20:00 CDT 2002

>I used name based virtual hosting instead I find it a ton easier to manage.
>You might want to they that instead.
How do you access a particular name based vhost from another machine
on your local network? I was under the impression that you can't, at
least not without running your own DNS.

In theory ports based vhosting should get around that, with the added
benefit of not having to mess with hosts (or Netinfo in my case).

I opted for this after reading Bob Davis' evolt article, and the
comments which followed:
<http://www.evolt.org/MacOSX_vhosts/>

Thanks

--
Adrian

e-mail <mailto:adrian at cubitum.co.uk>
Web Site <http://www.cubitum.co.uk>
NS/AOL and Yahoo Instant Message ID <adrianatcubitum>
ICQ <116419539>