[thelist] iBooks, OS X, Macs, Web Development, Laptops, Etc,Etc

Chris Kaminski chris at setmajer.com
Wed Jun 12 04:25:01 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 12:55 AM, David Kutcher wrote:

> if you are on a mac for development, you're just plain crazy.  why
> would YOU
> be on a mac if 95% of the real world (and probably your clients)
> is on a
> windows client?

Because:

a) I'm a server-side developer and making the site look 'the same'
on Windows is SEP (Somebody Else's Problem)

b) I run VirtualPC and can test multiple versions of IE/Win without
rebooting or multiple machines

Take your pick.

> not to start a holy war, I love apple (and own stock).  but from a
> development standpoint, it makes no sense.

I'd respond, but I'm busy developing a client site on my Mac, and
when that's done I'm off to the local asylum since your post made
me realize just how dangerously insane I must be (not for using a
Mac, but for feeding the trolls). ;-)

chris.kaminski { functionNewMedia :: <http://www.function.de> }