[thelist] perl on the localhost

Paul J White pjw at bw3.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 11:42:08 CDT 2002

Hi folks, I'm having problem with perl on the localhost. Xitami is running
php and cgi scripts fine (win98se BTW) but the perltest script won't work,
and when trying to use SSI it throws out an internal error.
I've followed the faqs as below, but am stuck for ideas.
Any hints from the server experts, please?!?

Install Perl and make sure that the PATH setting in your
autoexec.bat includes the directory C:\perl\bin.

Can you run the standard http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/testcgi program?

>> That works fine

Then go to the Xitami cgi-bin directory and try 'perl testperl.pl'. This
should print 'Hello World'.