[thelist] PAGE OPTIMIZATION: source readability v. download w eight

tstephens at trusecure.com tstephens at trusecure.com
Wed Jun 12 13:59:01 CDT 2002

> (whoops i should have replied to this stuff too.)
>
> > I do know that there are server-side utilities/scripts that
> > will condense the code down as much as possible on the fly,
> > while keeping the original like your layout.
>
> do you have a link?

In Cold Fusion, it's just <cfstripwhitespace>

http://www.programfiles.com/index.asp?menu2=115 buncha files
http://home.tiscali.be/Jacobs.Jan/htmlcomp/ App.
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/argerich20010125.php3  PHP
http://www.htmlzip.com/software.html App

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=Compressing+HTML+Pa
ges
Buncha results.

The only one I've used in the past couple years was the CFSTRIPWHITESPACE
command.  But I know of others.  Pretty much for any Server-Side Scripting
language has a command or tool for it, plus many other modules for servers.

Tony