[thelist] Examples of excellent control panel usage

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Wed Jun 12 15:47:01 CDT 2002

Tom DellAringa said:

> --- David Ulevitch <davidu at everydns.net> wrote:
>> I am beginning to redesign the web frontend for my DNS service and I
>> was wondering if you all could do a coulple of things for me<snip>
>
> David, I bet you get a lot of responses from this, but having used some
> brutal control panels in the past I can at least say a couple things:

I hope so.  I want to make this really good.

> 2) Along the lines of #1 - every time I wanted to do something I had to
> load another page which was further frustrating. What ever happened to
> a control panel being a PANEL not a site the size of amazon.com! I
> realize you can only put so much on one page, but think in terms of
> developers wanting to go there, get something done FAST and leave.

I'm not (yet) a real guru like you folks, I'm a coder.  Are FRAMES
considered a "no-no" because they really would help on the concept of not
having to reload entire pages all the time.  One left side frame could
list a users domains and the right side could be the config for that
domain.
-davidu