[thelist] Examples of excellent control panel usage

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 12 16:25:01 CDT 2002

> From: "David Ulevitch" <davidu at everydns.net>
[...]
> I'm not (yet) a real guru like you folks, I'm a coder.  Are FRAMES
> considered a "no-no" because they really would help on the concept of
> not having to reload entire pages all the time.  One left side frame
> could list a users domains and the right side could be the config for
> that domain. -davidu

as someone who is known for despising frames, i wuold suggest
that you look at the benefits... do any of the issues with frames
matter with your control panel (bookmarking, search engines,
printing, etc.)?

if not, and if they do speed up the user's tasks, then go for it...
prototype it, see how you like it, how your users like it, and run
with it...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself