[thelist] Examples of excellent control panel usage

Michael Kimsal michael at tapinternet.com
Wed Jun 12 17:10:00 CDT 2002

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Frames stink, PLEASE don't use them. Why not use an include statement?

In a controlled administrative environment they can be quite useful.
Why reload the same 5-10k of navigation/headers on every page request?
Why add that extra 2 seconds of download time every click?  I think
it's pretty rare that you'd need to bookmark URLs in a control panel,
and you shouldn't need a search engine to go through a control panel
either.  You're left with printing as the final bugbear against
frames, and most modern browsers are OK with printing framesets.

Michael Kimsal
http://www.logicreate.com
734-480-9961