[thelist] Web-based wysiwyg html editors ?

Michael Kimsal michael at tapinternet.com
Thu Jun 13 08:41:01 CDT 2002

 > Do you think there is any chance I can get something working in, say,
 > 3 days ? I have never worked with the mozilla platform yet (XUL, etc).

Not under Mozilla, no way, not even if you've worked with it for months.

> This example :
> http://www.siteexperts.com/ie5/htmlarea/page1.asp
> ...uses the IE5+/Win tag <htmlarea> to achieve exactly what i'm
> looking to do, at least i think it does, because I don't have a
> windows machine with me right now.

Very strange, cause it's not working under IE6 on my W2k box.  Perhaps
it's *only* for IE5?  This points up an issue even under
supposedly homogenous 'MS' platforms - often wildly differing behaviour
on seemingly similar platforms.  To illustrate, we've got the same
base software on our machines and a client's machine, but his
'luck' with our visual editor (MSHTML component) is bad compared with
ours - his system keeps reformatting embedded PHP code and whatnot in
the HTML area - it doesn't on ours.  He's got an earlier version of
Office installed, but that's about the only difference between the
systems.  But it makes a *huge* difference in how the stuff behaves.  :(

Michael Kimsal
http://www.logicreate.com
734-480-9961